Matriarch’s Program Info Session
Join Community Futures Treaty Seven and Creative Choices & Resources Ltd. on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:00pm to find out more about the Matriarch’s Program.
- If you are a First Nation’s female residing in Calgary, unemployed or underemployed; over 18 years old; motivated and committed to overall personal development, overcoming addiction challenges; and can commit to completing the 12 weeks of training, this program is for you!
- Personal development and job maintenance skills for success in maintaining & achieving educational and/or employment goals.
- Know your true purpose in life and apply massive action to your goals.
- Community Futures Treaty 7 Building 6011 1A Street S.W. (Basement)
- Info Session is on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 1:00pm
- Step One: Attend the Info session on January 31, 2022 at 1:00pm at Community Futures Treaty Seven in the Basement.
- Step Two: You MUST be fully vaccinated to attend program. Proof of Vaccination is required.
- Step Three: Program Interviews will be held on Monday, February 7, 2022 from 9:00am – 4:00pm at Community Futures Treaty Seven in the Basement.
- February 28 – May 20, 2022 – Monday to Friday 9:00a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Consideration will be given to serious and suitable applicants. If you have inquiries or questions please contact Creative Choices at 780 991-8846
The training concept of Creative Choices & Resources has a multitude of service delivery methods, including a series of experiential individual & group empowerment activities in and outside of the classroom. The focus throughout the program will be on the five areas of Physical, Mental, Emotional, Material (Financial) and Spiritual balance. The program will consist of training and support in the following areas:
- First Step – Overcoming Negative Thinking and Barriers (Victimization)
- Discovering your own life purpose and your personal life mission.
- How to absolutely know your true passion.
- How to make decisions that align your head and your heart.
- A step-by-step blueprint for making your vision a reality.
- Financial Management and Growth.
- Physical Fitness and Individual fitness programming by fitness Instructors.
- Stress Management skills and techniques, such as visualizing, mediation, and yoga.
- Nutrition and disease prevention, such as Diabetes.
- Positive Self Talk techniques to stay focused and motivated to implement goals and action plans for life.
- Career Mentors discussing their personal journeys and processes taken in reaching their career goal.
- A developed Personal Tracking tool to evaluate and maintain focus & balance of Action plans.
- Work Experience on reserve or near by communities for real job maintenance skill utilization(only offered in 12 plus week programming).
By the end of this program participants will re-ignited with their passion for learning & living. They will know their true purpose and mission in life. They will have a vehicle that will lead them back to school for further education, to entrepreneurship aspirations, and/or at an entry-level position in a career that expresses their special gifts. They will know exactly how to make this vehicle successful. They will have an immediate and long-term action plan. Participants will own the skills to fine-tune, revise or even change their life direction anytime they desire, for the rest of their lives! Einstein said it best, “A life without cause is a life without effect.”
Creative Choices and Resources objective is to assist individuals overcome obstacles and to live in the fullest of potential in their personal and professional lives, including Self Empowerment skills, Career Decision Making, and many facets of Job Maintenance Skills utilizing a holistic approach.
- Education and skills development
To increase participation and successful achievements in education and training.
To encourage opportunities for First Nation women to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
To respect and promote Indigenous cultures and communities including language, history, customs, traditions, self-identity, values and heritage. Many First Nation women wish to reclaim their cultural identity and reconnect with their traditional values.
- Sport and Recreation
To encourage First Nation women to participate in sports, recreation and active living.
To assist First Nation women in achieving their aspirations for an improved quality of life.
To increase the awareness of First Nation women regarding a range of economic opportunities. To increase the participation of First Nation women in these economic opportunities.