Women In Technology Info Session With Aboriginal Futures
Making Changes Women in Technology program includes three main parts:
Employment and Power Skills (5 weeks) – Along with technology industry employment skills, students will learn how to create a tech job focused resume, behavioural and IT interviewing skills and networking. The program will focus on complex problem solving, emotional intelligence, creativity and computational/critical thinking. These skills have been determined by industry experts as required for successful and thriving employment.
Work Experience (4 weeks) – Making Changes offers all participants a work experience opportunity in the Information and Technology sector.
*The program will be delivered in a blended model. The Employment and Power Skills and Technical Training will likely be delivered online; however, the Work Experience component may require in-person training.
- Immigrant or Indigenous women “Can Do” attitude
- Stable living environment
- Clear employment goals
- Interest in the Information and Technology industry
- Ready, willing and able to commit to the entire program
- Ready for employment
- Childcare is not provided. You will need to arrange this before starting the program.
PROGRAM DATES AND REGISTRATION
The application for the Spring 2021 intake is now open! Classes begin on April 5, 2021.