COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT ADVISOR
ACADEMIC STATEGY AND INTEGRATION
NorQuesters are difference makers and we’re searching for someone dedicated to finding ways forward to join our Faculty of Academic Strategy and Integration as a Community Engagement Advisor.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Judicial Affairs (SJA), the Community Engagement Advisor works directly with the SJA team, college faculty, and students, to support the college’s strategic goal to become an inclusive, anti-racist, and decolonized organization.
This role serves as a college community liaison, supporting a relational network needed to ensure the SJA stays connected to the program areas and student supports. The Community Engagement Advisor supports students and faculty members to navigate SJA processes, while working with college partners to make the entire process more transparent and equitable.
This role may include workshop facilitation, providing presentations, designing support materials like videos and guides, responding to inquiries to walk-ins and via email. This role will provide assistance with case intake and case management for Academic Misconduct and work to advance the awareness of the Student Code of Conduct and students rights and responsibilities.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to understand issues, establish recommendations for change, and work to constantly improve services.
- Develop a community-engagement action plan to support and advance the awareness and knowledge of academic integrity and the prevention and resolution of academic misconduct and advance the awareness and knowledge of the student code of conduct, student rights and responsibilities, and work to uphold a safe learning environment and the prevention and resolution of non-academic misconduct.
- Provide community support through multiple means and strategies including relationship building, facilitating workshops, developing and giving presentations, designing support materials like videos and guides, responding to inquiries, and assisting with intake and case management.
- Meet regularly with students and walk-ins.
- Assist with case management including the administration of active files including grade appeals and academic misconduct cases.
- Create Artificial Intelligence related workshops and documentation. This includes conducting research related to this field.
- Express confidence in the use of software and databases to generate reports, comfortably work with spreadsheets, email, and MS Teams.
- Contribute as needed to support the work of the SJA Team.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree related to this field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in post-secondary, or a related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and community building skills are a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge in community engagement, academic writing, and student conduct is an asset.
- Experience in advancing anti-racism, justice, diversity, equity, inclusion, and decolonial Indigenization initiatives and understanding.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of policies and procedures related to student judicial affairs.
WHAT MAKES YOU A DIFFERENCE MAKER
As a difference maker you bring:
- Knowledge of the role of SJA in relation to academic writing and student conduct is an asset.
- Commitment to ensuring student success and prioritizing the academic well-being of racialized students.
- A desire to advance anti-racism, justice, diversity, equity, inclusion, and decolonial Indigenization initiatives and understanding.
- Proven organizational skills, high level of detail orientation, and ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Effective communication (written, verbal, presentation) and interpersonal skills with a keen ability to engage diverse communities.
- Ability to model an inclusive and respectful approach to achieving results and to conflict resolution.
SALARY: $53,230-$69,156 reflective upon what you bring AKA your education and experience. This is a full-time permanent position with immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs.
We offer flexible work options. We strive for balance between a flexible work environment, connectedness to the campus community, and ensuring NorQuesters are set up to succeed in their roles and responsibilities.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
We're on a journey to become an inclusive, anti-racist, and decolonized organization. NorQuesters are trailblazers – we are curious, creative, and innovative - our lived experiences are honoured, creating accessibility and a sense of belonging for everyone.
NorQuest 2030 We Are Who We Include shares our strength and difference comes from who is included, and along with our students we are learning and growing to listen deeply and say what we feel.
NorQuest College is committed to being an employer of choice for First Nations, Métis, and Inuit people by recognizing, respecting, and supporting Indigenous people's self-determination through the institution’s work in decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
ACCESSIBILITY: At NorQuest, we are who we include. We strive to provide access and accommodation throughout the recruitment, application, and selection process. We want to create opportunities for you to confidently be your authentic self. If you would like an accommodation at any stage of the process, please reach out to email@example.com.
APPLY TO BECOME A NORQUESTER: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
PSST: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted and we’ll make sure to do this within 28 days of the closing date.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2023-4308
CLOSING DATE: November 28, 2023 @ 11:59PM MST