INDIGENOUS ARTS & ENTREPRENEUR PROGRAM
Join us for an Info Session on Tuesday, September 20th at 10:00am and find out more about the 22 week Arts & Entrepreneur Program offered through Aboriginal Futures.
Its time to turn your business into reality! Only 12 seats available.
This program is funded through Community Futures Treaty Seven and the Government of Canada – Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities.
Participants are eligible to participate in an Opportunities Fund project if they are a person with a disability and follow all criteria as referenced below.
TO QUALIFIFY YOU MUST MEET ALL OF THE BELOW CRITERIA
- MUST Self-identify as a person with a disability
- Must be First Nations or Inuit Status
- Must Reside in Calgary
- Must Not be eligible for EI benefits and have not received EI in the past 3-5 years, or any similar programs that are the subject of agreements with provinces, territories or organizations. For example, have not been in a Skills Development program that was funded by Government of Canada in the last 5 years.
- Have little or no labour force attachments and require assistance to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment or self- employment
- 18+ years of age
- Ready, willing, able and committed to complete the 22 week program
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022
- 10:00am – 12:00pm
- In Person at Aboriginal Futures (6011-1A Street SW)
REGISTER FOR THE INFO SESSION AT https://IAEP.eventbrite.ca
PROGRAM DATE & FORMAT
- Program Recruitment Dates – October 3 – 7, 2022
- Program Date: October 24, 2022 – March 24, 2023
- Five Days a Week – Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- 2 ½ Days of Entrepreneur Classes, 2 ½ Days of Arts & Crafts Classes
Entrepreneur Training Includes:
- Completing business plan, marketing online social platforms and connecting to global markets
- Comprehensive Business Plan
- Marketing Strategy including Online Social Media Platforms
- Understanding your Financials
- Market and Industry data
- Networking and so much more!
Indigenous Arts & Craft Sessions Include:
- Ribbon dress and shirts
- Hand drum and rattles
- Program start date is October 24, 2022, and finishes March 24, 2023 – (22 Week Program)
- Classes are Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm (One hour lunch break)
- Participants will receive a living allowance based on attendance.
- Trainees will receive comprehensive, quality training within the business marketplace from a professional standpoint.
- Instructors will guide trainees towards the crucial aspects of business marketing, consumer trends and financial platforms
- Trainees will apply these facets within their own line of business as entrepreneurs seeking long term self employment
- Training allowance provided for approved candidates